Easy to play and requiring only basic equipment, these games engage even the most reluctant of learners in year 6 whilst boosting confidence for all.
Great for teachers, parents, intervention workers, teaching assistants and private tutors, the flexible nature of this game pack offers:
- the promotion of problem solving and thinking skills through game strategy fun homework activities,
- ideal for engaging parents in positive mathematical activity practice for specific objectives from the new National Curriculum
- a great resource to: “ensure students are engaged in learning and generate high levels of commitment to learning”
- the opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to: “the social development of pupils at the school” within curriculum time
- an effective assessment tool
This book contains games to learn, assess and practice: recall and use of facts for the multiplication tables up to 12 x 12 identifying multiples and factors of numbers up to 200 adding and subtracting numbers to two decimal places using negative numbers and calculating intervals across zero using a range of efficient mental methods with numbers up to 100, 150, 10 000 and 10 000 000 and to one, two and three decimal places David Smith is an experienced practising teacher and author.
This book is the last of a set of 6 books. ISBN 978 1 907550 90 4