Easy to play and requiring only basic equipment, these games engage even the most reluctant of learners in year 2 whilst boosting confidence for all.
Great for teachers, parents, intervention workers, teaching assistants and private tutors, the flexible nature of this game pack offers:
- the promotion of problem solving and thinking skills through game strategy fun homework activities,
- ideal for engaging parents in positive mathematical activity practice for specific objectives from the new National Curriculum
- a great resource to: “ensure students are engaged in learning and generate high levels of commitment to learning”
- the opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to: “the social development of pupils at the school” within curriculum time
- an effective assessment tool
This book contains games to learn, assess and practice: recalling facts for the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables using addition and subtraction facts to 15, 20, 40, 50 and 100 recognising odd and even numbers using a range of efficient mental methods with numbers up to 50 and 100 David Smith is an experienced practising teacher and author. This book is the first of a set of books.