Getting children engaged and enjoying mathematics is a vital task. But how best to do it? There are so many other pressing tasks!
In particular how can you get children to enjoy practice and reinforcement of the skills you have taught them?
Games are one vital tool in your armoury - and now Ace Mathematics Games provides you with targeted games to make it easier. Easy to play and requiring only basic equipment, these games engage even the most reluctant of learners in the 6th year of school whilst boosting confidence for all.
This book contains games to learn, assess and practice:
- recall and use of facts for the multi plicati on tables up to 12 x 12
- identifying multiples and factors of numbers up to 200
- adding and subtracting numbers to two decimal places
- using negative numbers and calculating intervals across zero
- using a range of efficient mental methods with numbers
- up to 100, 150, 10 000 & 10 000 000 and to 1, 2 and 3 decimal places
Great for teachers, parents, intervention workers, teaching assistants and private tutors, it offers:
- the promotion of problem solving and thinking skills through game strategy
- fun homework activities
- ideal for engaging parents in positive mathematical activity
- practice for specific objectives from the National Curriculum
- a great resource to ensure students are engaged in learning and
- generate high levels of commitment to learning
- the opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to the social development of pupils
- an effective assessment tool
David Smith is an experienced practising teacher and author. Tarquin has produced excellent teaching books for over 50 years. This book is the sixth of a set of books.
A Tarquin Original ISBN 9781907550904
Ebook supplied as pdf within free Tarquin eReader
PDF also available where you get your eBooks ISBN 9781858118192
There's no more important task for teachers and parents of this age group that they progress loving learning.
David Smith's Ace Mathematics Games will help: Serious fun - it's a deal!