Easy to play and requiring only basic equipment, these games engage even the most reluctant of learners in year 4 whilst boosting confidence for all.
Great for teachers, parents, intervention workers, teaching assistants and private tutors, the flexible nature of this game pack offers:
- the promotion of problem solving and thinking skills through game strategy fun homework activities,
- ideal for engaging parents in positive mathematical activity practice for specific objectives from the new National Curriculum
- a great resource to: “ensure students are engaged in learning and generate high levels of commitment to learning”
- the opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to: “the social development of pupils at the school” within curriculum time
- an effective assessment tool
This book contains games to learn, assess and practice: recalling facts for the multiplication tables up to 12 x 12 recognition of factor pairs in numbers up to 60 rounding any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000 adding and subtracting, doubling and halving 2-digit numbers up to & exceeding 100 counting backwards through zero using a range of efficient mental methods with numbers up to 60 and 1000 David Smith is an experienced practising teacher and author. This book is the fourth of a set of books.