Easy to play and requiring only basic equipment, these games engage even the most reluctant of learners in year 5 whilst boosting confidence for all.
Great for teachers, parents, intervention workers, teaching assistants and private tutors, the flexible nature of this game pack offers:
- the promotion of problem solving and thinking skills through game strategy fun homework activities,
- ideal for engaging parents in positive mathematical activity practice for specific objectives from the new National Curriculum
- a great resource to: “ensure students are engaged in learning and generate high levels of commitment to learning”
- the opportunity to demonstrate a commitment to: “the social development of pupils at the school” within curriculum time
- an effective assessment tool
This book contains games to learn, assess and practice: recall and use of facts for the multiplication tables up to 12 x 12 identifying multiples and factors of numbers up to 100 adding and subtracting numbers to one decimal place and three-digit numbers up to 1000 counting forwards and backwards through zero using a range of efficient mental methods with numbers up to 1000, 1 000 000, and to two decimal places David Smith is an experienced practising teacher and author.
This book is the fifth of a set of books. ISBN 978190550898