Learn, revise and have fun
"Maths Trumps Cards just received and I am very impressed by the quality of this resource & Paul Hunt is to be congratulated." GB
A Maths Trumps Card Game
Maths Trumps games provide players with what's needed to learn and revise by playing a great game of real skill.
- Written by a renowned mathematics teacher
- Each pack starts with Useful Facts cards
- Players share game cards out
- Then they try to trump each other
- Making calculations on paper are encouraged
- Bonus questions add depth and meaning to topics
- The winner succeeds by collecting all the cards
- Answer cards are provided.
Games are perfect for teachers and for parents wishing to make learning a fun activity rather than a rote activity. Beautifully designed and written, they can be used over around 8 years old.
Like the best card games, they are ideal for small group use - groups of students, or a family. But they can also be used in solitaire games to revise, or to reinforce. See how here
This pack aims to provide players with interesting introductions to key figures in cultural and scientific history, whilst reinforcing key elements of arithmetic and good mathematical practice. Topics covered include:
- adding the subtracting numbers up to three digits, using column addition and subtraction
- extending efficient written methods to column addition/subtraction of 2 integers less then 10000, and to
- short multiplication of up to 3 digit numbers by a unit, and
- to long multiplication of tens and units by tens and units and
- to short division of up to 3 digits by a unit (incl remainders)
- using formal written layout.
The topics addressed in this pack meet all of the relevant leading objectives, as set out in the KS2/KS3 National Curriculum (Ages 8-14). The bonus content promotes deeper learning and explores wider concepts, giving more experienced players exposure to the higher echelons of the mathematics curriculum.
Other Packs - and Volume Deals
Five other packs of MathsTumps cards have been developed - see a full listing below. A special price is available for those buying all six packs.
For teachers and others wishing to buy multiple sets of the same pack, volume discounts of up to 30% are available. Simply add the quantity required into your basket and the discount will be applied.
Paul Hunt has been teaching mathematics at secondary school for over two decades. He is also an experienced examiner for both GCSE and A-Level maths, and he is regularly approached to proofread/answer-checks maths textbooks prior to their publication. Aside from Maths Trumps, he has written the very popular Teach Further Maths suite of PowerPoint presentations for Teachers and Students of A-Level Further Mathematics. He has also co-authored a series of A-Level mathematics examination papers for the updated 2017 A-Level mathematics specification. He lives in North Wales with his partner, Linda, who he describes as his ‘inspiration’. Like many other prominent educators, he posts mathematical fun on Twitter as @TeachFMaths.