Maria Luisa Spreafico and Eulalia Tramuns
Bring mathematics exploration through origami with this wonderful kit
Releasing in October 2019: Pre-Order at 10% off and get 25% off Get Origami! For more on Get Origami see here
Written by two internationally renowned mathematics educators, and widely tested, the Kit centres on a re-usable A1 poster designed to focus a class’s activities in a simple teacher-friendly format. Sheets to copy and cut out, teacher instructions and a comprehensive booklet of activities provide the rest of the kit.
The content uses 5 different bases in origami and presents a large number of possible activities that can be developed from each, for the youngest students through secondary ages to adults interested in the logic and structures underlying origami.
1. The Blintz Base - use from ages 3 or 6 upward to show shape, polygons, patterns, four colour theorem and two colour theorem for flat forms
2. The Kite Base - use from 12 or 14 years up to explore trigonometry, easy symbolic algebra and square roots
3. The Waterbomb Base - use from ges 6 or 12 to show proportion, fractions, areas and Pythagoraas' theorem.
4. The Preliminary Base - from ages 12 show geometric constructions, Euclidean geometry and axioms
5. The Windmill Base - from ages 3 up - introduce graphs and graphing geometry!
Excellent value for class teaching, for an origami or mathematics club, and for groups of enthusiasts.
A large format reusable poster is included, plus a book of activities and sheets to complete the poster and to use in classroom activities. The poster will be supplied in a plasticised paper version for use and re-use. Poster pictured is indicative, and is shown in use.