16 activities to stretch and engage ages 11-13
Buy book, buy ebook, buy activities - see how below.
Getting - and keeping - kids curious and exploring mathematics is not easy. Doing so in an interesting way that doesn't take too much time is even harder. Yet is vital - the foundations of mathematics need to be solid at this age for future enjoyment and success.
With this key stage requiring consolidation and development of skills, and introduction of new concepts, it's important that consolidation activities are enjoyable and not dull. So how does the book work?
- Who doesn't love solving a mystery?
- Using an easy to follow format, kids "solve" the mystery
- Correct answers reveal who/what/where/when a murder is committed.
- Eagerness find out keeps them working, reinforcing and revising as they do.
- It's self marking! All you have to do is check the correct answer has been reached.
- Contents cover key topics in Number and early Algebra, Angle and Shape,
- Data and statistics and other investigative topics are also included.
- Full contents - see BUY ME information.
Finding tried and tested ways of teaching and learning that are fun is hard and takes time. Tarquin has over 50 years experience of providing enrichment activities to teachers, students and parents.
Don't just take our word for it: "Has kept my learners engaged and anxious to finish task. A good way to promote questions on the topic area to check understanding."Teacher, Amazon review
BUY ME! ESSENTIAL BUYING INFORMATION
There are multiple ways to buy - depending on what you want.
- Buy the ebook - just Add to Cart from this page.
- Buy the book - choose book on the drop down (price will change) and Add to Cart.
- Buy book and ebook - last drop down option (price will change) and Add to Cart.
- See full contents HERE - from that page you can buy individual activities.
A Tarquin Original Book ISBN 9781907550102
Ebook supplied as pdf within free Tarquin eReader
PDF also available from your usual eBook providers: ISBN 9781911093626