A Collection of Logical Puzzles to Make You Think
Solving problems logically is a key life skill - without it decisions will be poor. Such skills are hard to teach and learn - practice and "puzzling" are vital.
But solving logic problems doesn't come naturally to everyone. This book helps:
- True or false questions - the core task is easy to understand.
- Amusing illustrations and verbal problems create a cumulative story.
- Thinking mathematically - logically - is what is needed to succeed…and readers will!
- Contents include 12 chapters, each with multiple questions, making 85 puzzles in all.
- A Hints and Solutions chapter that introduces basic techniques like decision trees.
- Answers are also provided.
Being rushed through a curriculum can leave little time for core "thinking" skills. Tarquin has over 50 years experience of providing warm up and short activities to teachers, students and parents.
Need more details? We can email you full contents and sample pages free of charge, just register HERE
Doing arithmetic is not the same as thinking mathematically. Logical thinking with verbal problems IS thinking mathematically - a great foundation for any future mathematics!
ESSENTIAL ORDERING INFORMATION
BOOK: A Tarquin Original Title ISBN 9780906212776 - buy here or from any major bookseller.
EBOOK: Buy here - our ePDF will be supplied within Tarquin's eReader. For Kindle,ePub and PDF versions in other readers, search ISBN 9781907550171 in your usual store