Sharp Forms - Life at the Edge of Art and Mathematics
John Sharp was an innovator, a communicator and connector of people. His friends and colleagues have created this ebook as a Memorial to his work.
It comprises two options: a free book of memorial pieces and a complete book with those pieces and some longer more considered articles, both delivered as ebooks within the Tarquin eReader.
1. The Memorial Section: Memories of Ideas Shared
A free element encompassing personal tributes from those who knew him and his ideas best, together with some pictures, videos and references from which to explore his ideas further. CHOOSE Free Ebook option. We will send you an access code and login instructions.
- Felicity Wood – Introduction and Personal Memories
- Sue Ahrens – The Watford Connection
- Jacqui Carey – A Bowl of Gratitude
- Robert Fathauer – Spiral Tilings of Triangles
- Gary Greenfield – John Sharp, My Algorist Friend – A Remembrance
- Jonny Griffiths – My Memories of John
- Mary Harris – Cardboard Boxes and Some Socks
- Philip Kent – John Sharp at London University 2004-2013
- Vinay Kathotia – Some Memories
- Eva Knoll – Remembering John Sharp
- Louise Mabbs – Mathematical Magic and More
- Simon Morgan - John Sharp, community and experiencing the creative process
- Deborah Robinson – Logarithmic Lace
- David Wells – John Sharp Remembered
- Tony Wills – A Strange Journey through some Unusual Geometry: My Work with John Sharp
- Penelope Woolfitt – John Sharp
2. Sharp Forms: Articles
A collection of articles about, or connected to, his work and his areas of interest. Most are original to this work, some provide windows into his published work.
A small fee is payable to receive these articles with the free element. Part of this fee has helped fund and host these ebooks, and a royalty from all sales will be used to fund some educational projects in India and elsewhere using Sliceforms. More details will be announced shortly and reported on within the ebook.
CHOOSE Ebook option below to order.
Contains free ebook plus:
- Indu Choraria and Vinay Kathotia – One Loop – Endless Possibilities
- Paul Gailiunas – Bowl-Shaped Polyhedra from Infinity 6
- Eva Knoll – John, me and the YángMă
- Katherine Seaton – Yes, Lady Bracknell, A Handbag
- John Sharp – In memory of Steve Eberhart
- John Sharp – Just 4 Points and the Prepared Mind
- John Sharp – Recreations with Paper Strips from Infinity 6
- John Sharp – The rectangular hyperbola as a circle in the geometry of the triangle
- John Sharp – Scott Polygons
- John Sharp – A model to make - an extract from D-Forms
- John Sharp – A model to make - an extract from Sliceforms
- John Sharp – Soddy Circles and a different way for solving the Apollonius problem
- John Sharp – Variations and Explorations from Surfaces – Explorations with Sliceforms
- Philip Steadman – Anamorphosis in a painting by Vermeer
- Jack Tait – Secondary, Near Chaotic Patterns from Analogue Drawing Machines
- Tibor Tarnai and János Krähling – Polyhedra in Churches
- Marion Walter – Feedback from Infinity 6
A long-time Tarquin author and editor, John's works for Tarquin can be viewed and accessed here.