Geometric Shapes Activity Book
This book contains two pages of background material about geometric shapes, an activities example page, plus two dozen 8.5" x 11" pages of different geometric shapes. Each shape is incorporated in a larger drawing showing an example of the shape in the real world or its use in a geometric design.
There are six activities that may be performed for each page:
- Colouring the large geometric shape and drawing incorporating it.
- Drawing the geometric shape, first by using the dots provided in the lower right corner for guidance, and then freehand.
- Writing out the name of the shape, and learning to pronounce and spell it.
- Colouring the tessellation example.
- Marking the rotational and mirror symmetries of the shape on the drawing in the upper right corner.
- Measuring the dimensions of the shape in the upper right drawing and using them to calculate the perimeter or area.